The Office of the Solicitor General will be the best public law office in Somaliland leading the state with the trust, confidence, and support of partners, consumers, and policy-makers while committing to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- To provide efficient and professional legal services and legal representation to the Government of Somaliland for the interest of the State, and To promote the rule of law by providing legal opinion and advice on issues faced by government entities.
- To develop the Solicitor General’s Office into a Center of Excellence for the Government’s Legal and Legislative Drafting Services.
- To be a center for legal publication and dissemination service for the government and for the public by publishing legislation in the Official Gazette and on the office website
The following core values guide all staff in the Office of the Solicitor General:
- We will deliver high-quality legal services and remember that we serve the people of Somaliland.
- We will conduct ourselves with integrity, professionalism, civility, and transparency.
- We will promote a solidarity, teamwork, cooperation, and inclusive workplace that values, respects, and supports our employees and colleagues.
- Civil Litigation and Representation
- Legislative Drafting
- Legal adviser to the Government
- Publication of laws in the Official Gazette